Aftermarket auto retailer, four locations
Out of the four retail locations only one was profitable. One was on the brink of closure, and the other two were just maintaining. The owner’s business and personal debt were increasing while the business was losing inventory, losing employees, and unable to pay vendors. The owner admitted that decisions about hiring, firing, process upgrades, and employee compensation were rash with little thought to results or consequences.
The Affiliate created and facilitated a strategic planning process for the owner and management team. The team worked together to create a business plan, identify critical goals, and create manageable action steps for those goals which could be reviewed on a monthly dashboard. The client examined their core values, and translated those into a vision that was communicated to all employees generating excitement among the entire team.
- A new strategic direction and actionable plan was created.
- Buy-in from entire management team was achieved.
- Decided to keep all locations open, and lagging store was profitable within two months.
- Overhaul of accounting practices, finances, staff, inventory, and mix of business.
- A process was designed and company-wide to track returns.
- Created a consistent interview process and job descriptions.